Wednesday, October 11
1:00 - 5:00pm
Moderated by Greg Pace, Sun Chemical -This session covers the ever evolving regulatory world from a state, federal and global perspectives.
(Program subject to change. Check back here often for updates.)
1:00 - 1:45pm
T11- Pigments for Sensitive Applications, Ruth Bauer, BASF
1:45 - 2:30pm
T12- LCSA Implementation: What’s Happened, What’s Next, and How to Stay Informed, Christina Franz, ACC
The presentation will take a deeper dive into the rules, policies, and actions EPA has and will be taking as it implements the Lautenberg Chemical Safety Act (LSCA) amendments to the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
2:30 - 2:45pm - Break
2:45 - 3:30pm
T13- Continual EHS Improvement - Incident Reduction Through Risk Management, Stephen Divarco, Sun Chemical
Risk management is an activity which integrates recognition of risk, risk assessment, developing strategies to manage it, and mitigation of risk using managerial resources. While traditional risk management focuses on risks stemming from physical or legal causes (e.g. natural disasters or fires, accidents, death), the presentation focuses on risks that can be managed to improve safety. Given risk identification is a proactive approach to preventing problems before they occur, it is critical to understand our risks and putting measures in place to prevent issues from occurring (i.e. doing it right the first time). Benefits of risk management include 1) minimizing or preventing cost overruns, schedule delays, and performance problems and 2) promoting teamwork, influencing safety, and increasing product life cycles.
3:30 - 4:15pm
T14-FOOD PACKAGING IN THE SPOTLIGHT, FOR BETTER OR WORSE, Eric Greenberg, Eric F. Greenberg, P.C.
Right at this moment in history, there’s more going on than usual on the regulatory front affecting food packaging inks and related businesses. There’s a new government administration with a bold, new approach to regulation, and at the same time, activist NGO’s are challenging some of the foundations of the regulatory set-up, both inside and outside courts. Prominent Food and Drug attorney and author Eric Greenberg will examine these and other important current developments that are expected to affect your business in coming years.
4:15 - 5:00pm
T15-2017 Current NAPIM EHS Issues, George Fuchs, NAPIM
- SDS – Handling supplier health hazard classification variations
- ANSI Safety Standards 2017 - What’s new and different in the 2017 updates to the Three Roll Mill and Vertical Post Mixer safety Standards
- Threshold of Regulation (ToR) Project – status update on the project aimed at gaining exemptions for printing ink raw materials
- Cobalt – What’s the latest global regulatory information and likely future trend on the use of cobalt in ink formulations.
- Definition of Solid Waste (DSW) - 2017 has brought about changes in the recent EPA regulation covering the definition of solid waste - learn what this means for the ink manufacturers
- PCB’s - Update on Washington State efforts to regulate PCB’s and its relationship to printing inks.